I've been living in Japan since summer '06, and for the first while I kept up this blog, but about a year and a half ago I stopped writing. So, I think it's time to get it going again, and I'll do my best to keep at it! 頑張ります!!
At the moment, I'm back home in Dartmouth for the holidays. It's nice to be home, but there are alot of things I'm missing about Japan, and I'm feeling a bit of reverse culture shock. And winter shock!! It rarely gets below 0 degrees in Taki, Japan, and I've only seen snow once! Meanwhile it's about -10 with snowstorms in Dartmouth :(
But the food!!!! There are so many things I used to eat here that I can't find in Japan: donairs, cheese, falafels, poutine, cheese, bread that's not white, anything my mom cooks, cheese... not to mention I haven't had a Christmas dinner for the last 2 Xmases (I was in Vietnam the first year, and Thailand last year). Most of the above aren't exactly healthy...
Some things to look forward to reading about: trips around Japan, Hong Kong and Korea; running the Tokyo marathon, and whatever else I feel like writing about this year:)
For now, happy holidays everyone, and check back in the new year!!
At the moment, I'm back home in Dartmouth for the holidays. It's nice to be home, but there are alot of things I'm missing about Japan, and I'm feeling a bit of reverse culture shock. And winter shock!! It rarely gets below 0 degrees in Taki, Japan, and I've only seen snow once! Meanwhile it's about -10 with snowstorms in Dartmouth :(
But the food!!!! There are so many things I used to eat here that I can't find in Japan: donairs, cheese, falafels, poutine, cheese, bread that's not white, anything my mom cooks, cheese... not to mention I haven't had a Christmas dinner for the last 2 Xmases (I was in Vietnam the first year, and Thailand last year). Most of the above aren't exactly healthy...
Some things to look forward to reading about: trips around Japan, Hong Kong and Korea; running the Tokyo marathon, and whatever else I feel like writing about this year:)
For now, happy holidays everyone, and check back in the new year!!
-Erica
No comments:
Post a Comment