Tuesday, August 22, 2006




See, already I'm getting lazy with the posts and school's not even in yet. I went to Tsu last Wednesday night and stayed till Friday at Debbie's house for orientation, which was ok, but the party on Thursday night was lots of fun. Expensive though. We had to pay about$30 for all you can eat and one drink, but there wasn't nearly enough food for us, and what was there was pretty disappointing. Add that to all the chocolate martinis I drank, and well it was a pricy night, tbut alot of fun too.

On Saturday I went to see Miyazaki's new movie, which was all in Japanese, no subtitles, and apparently terrible, according to Chito, who speaks Japanese, although I didn't understand enough to form much of an opinion. I also bought a new microwave/ toaster/ oven combo so now I can bake!! I might make cookies as omiyage for my other two schools if I can find time.
Afterwards, we went to Matsu to play tennis, and even though it was raining, it was the most fun I've ever had playing a sport I think. It seems like it might be a regular thing, so I might even buy my own raquet. Speaking of sports, I also joined the Mie JETs womens soccer team, because it isn't very competetive, and sounds like alot of fun. We get to go to Nagano at the end of September for a tournament.

On Sunday, we went swimming in the river at this beautiful spot with rocks to jump off into the really deep water. I'll definitely be going back there often. Just need a car, or people to bum rides off of. I finally got paid yesterday, so we went for payday drinks in Matsu last night, and ate lots of yummy food in a little izakaya near the station. Apparently the last train to my town leaves Matsu at 10:30, so that's late enough for weeknights.

Finally, tonight I am off to Kumano, about 3 hours away by train, to see what are supposed to be the best fireworks in Mie. Anything can beat what I'm used to; 10 minutes of disappointment. These are supposed to go for 2 hours and be amazing, so hopefully the trip will be worth it. I'm staying over and taking the early train back in the morning, so I'm only taking 2 hours vacation.
Anyways, I gotta go catch the train!!

1 comment:

Free Biscuits said...

Erica! Girl! It has been too long! I'm so excited to read about your adventures. I will e-mail sometime soon in order to catch up. It's funny you made this blog, because I just made one too! Check out Pure Thom at purethom.blogspot.com. Talk to you soon...and have fun!